Adsense

Saturday 6 December 2014

BLOGMAS Day 6: Christmas Home Décor...

When it comes to decorating your home for Christmas, there are a lot of Christmas themed home décor items out there, (that aren't baubles or fairy lights) that will jazz up any living area or bedroom and make you feel all festive! As me and Si now have our own place, we tend to look at these items even more so now. I've seen a lot in the past few months, so thought I'd share a few of my favourites :).

Enjoy...


1 - This Red Scandinavian Duvet Set is something me and Si picked up this year and as we've now put our Christmas decorations up, we'll probably put this on our bed sometime this week :). I spotted it in the George home section of Asda in the middle of October but decided to just stick to doing the food shopping (those 'home' aisles are so distracting). However, when me and Si went to Asda in the middle of November, they still had some and Si loved it too, so we picked one up then! I love the 'scandi' home décor items. I've seen the theme on many things from bedding, cushions, throws, tea-towels, trays etc. This duvet set features reindeers, snowflakes and robins and comes with two matching pillow cases. We had to buy a king size duvet set which was £14, but it's cheaper depending on the size of your duvet. As we now have our own place, we tend to just decorate the main areas of the flat for Christmas and apart from some all year round lights and candles, our bedroom doesn't really shout 'Christmas', so this will really help to set it off!

2 - This Tree Design Candle Holder is something we picked up at a local garden centre recently. We spotted it when we first walked in and was umming and ahhing over it until the very last minute, but I really liked it and didn't buy much else so decided to go for it. I also bought some Yankee Candle Christmas Garland tea lights to go with it. It is hand-made and hand-painted and has dangling hearts, Christmas trees, stars and bells hanging off of different areas of the tree. We have this displayed on our living room window sill (you will see this when I reveal our Christmas decorations within my blogmas posts :)) and it just adds that little bit of uniqueness to our decorations. We bought the white version and I love it! It was £12.99 from Dobbies and although I can't find it on the website, you might be lucky and find one in-store :).

3 - I love candles! Yankee Candles are my favourite brand for candles because their scents are so true to life, fill a room and generally last a long time. Their Christmas Garland candle is just Christmas in a jar. It reminds me of fresh smelling, real trees in a garden centre and picking which one is perfect for your home. It's definitely my favourite Christmas candle and will fill your home with the lovely smell of fresh, pine Christmas trees (fab if you have a fake tree!). You can get the small jar candle for £7.99 from Clinton Cards.

4 - I spotted this Personalised Penguin Love Linen Cushion recently and thought it was so sweet and very apt for this time of year, especially with John Lewis having penguins in their new Christmas advert! I think this cushion is very adaptable and I would use it all year round. You can personalise the cushion with two initials and I definitely think it'd be a focus point within a room. It's £30 from Not On The High Street.

5 - This 'It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year' Door Mat is sure to make people smile when they enter your home. I love the saying, which is usually said every time Christmas comes around. It's bright, it's cheerful and it's a great home décor item for when you want to make other parts of your home (aside from your main living area) look Christmassy. You can get this from Amazon for £16.50.

Have you bought any Christmas home décor items this year?

Don't forget to like, comment and follow to keep up to date with the rest of my Blogmas posts :).

Thanks so much for reading lovelies!
Gem XxOo
Images courtesy of Asda, Dobbies, Clinton Cards, Not On The High Street and Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...