Adsense

Tuesday 9 December 2014

BLOGMAS Day 9: Beauty For The Festive Season...

As the winter sets in and Christmas draws nearer, I tend to reach for the darker nail polishes and lip colours. I've purchased a few new products recently, which I'll be using a lot this season, so I thought I'd share them with you...


1 - This is Barry M Nail Paint in Red Wine. I tend to think that darker shades suit me more than bright or pastel shades and this stood out to me straight away. It takes two coats to get it to the bottle shade, but one coat will give you a lighter shade of red, still deep but not as dark as it looks in the bottle. Both are nice to be honest, the only reason I put another coat on, after the first, is for more coverage, otherwise I probably would have left it as one coat. When I first applied this, I did so with a top coat and it lasted four days. You can get this for £2.99 from Superdrug.

Excuse the feet, but I thought you might like to see what the nail colour looks like on.

2 - I wanted to get a plum lip colour, so thought I'd get a similar colour lip liner. I've started to use lip liners more recently to line and fill the lips before applying a lipstick, which makes the lip colour last even longer. I didn't have a lot of choice in terms of plum coloured lip liners, but I found this Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Liner in Midnight Plum that I liked when I swatched it on my hand, so I decided to go for it. The packaging almost looks brown, hence why I swatched it before I bought it, but it's actually the perfect plum colour, especially to go with the next product I picked up :). This was £3.99 from Superdrug.

3 - I seem to have accumulated a lot of matte lip products (which I love!), so I wanted a plum colour that was a bit glossy. I picked up this Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain in Parisian Passion. It feels really cooling and moisturising when you apply it and it has a lovely gloss to it. It isn't sticky at all and this is probably a weird word to describe a lip stain, but it feels really fresh on your lips. It is a dark, vampy, purple colour and this is my first lip product of this colour. I have other purple shades, but none as dark as this one. Even though it is described as a stain, I wouldn't say that it sets onto your lips. As it is glossy, if you're eating, you'll probably have to reapply this straight after. However, putting a lip liner underneath really does help it to last longer and if you do want a 'stain', you can achieve this by applying the product as normal and then dabbing/patting a tissue over the whole of your lips a couple of times. A subtle colour will then be left underneath, which isn't as dark or transferable. You can get this for £7.99 from Superdrug.

Left: Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain in Parisian Passion.
Right: Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Liner in Midnight Plum.

Have you bought any new beauty items recently?

Don't forget to like, comment and follow to keep up to date with the rest of my Blogmas posts :).

Thanks for reading lovelies!
Gem XxOo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...