1) First thing I would recommend taking to a festival that might not always be an obvious choice is a roll of heavy duty bin bags. Those of you that are regular festival goers will probably think this is common sense, but if you have never been to a festival before then these are definitely going to be coming in handy as they can be used for soooo many things. Here are a few: you can sit on them, saving your bum from getting muddy/wet. They are lightweight enough to be shoved in a bag you are carrying around or a pocket and you can whip one out whenever you want to sit on the floor (if there are no seats around). They are also going to take up less room in a car/back-pack than a proper seat/chair. You can also make a rain coat out of one if needs be. Fair enough you might have your own rain coat, but if you forget one, don't think you need one because the weather has been lovely or is forecast to be lovely, or leave it in the tent whilst your wondering around, it will come in handy and again little enough to pop in a bag (which you will always have on you around the festival) or a pocket (jeans/shorts). You can also use bin bags to line your wellies if they split and to keep any muddy clothes in. There are a lot of uses and if you have any that I haven't mentioned, feel free to comment about them :-).
2) Secondly, I found an interesting item on www.find-me-a-gift.co.uk. It is a paper travel soap kit. They have one for men and one for women and the kit consists of 30 soap sheets, 30 shampoo sheets and 30 body wash sheets. All you need to do to use any of these is...add water! They are currently on sale at £5.99 and I think would be fab to take to a festival or even camping. The toilets at a festival aren't exactly inviting and this can sometimes put people off going to a festival full stop, but with these you can just fill up a bottle with tap water (from the wash area at a festival or sometimes they have taps around the festival that people can use to fill up water bottles etc) and use the sheets around the comfort of your own tent if you wish.
3) Thirdly is another item I found on www.find-me-a-gift.co.uk. A fashion emergency kit, which is £6.90 and consists of all the little essential items a girl might need at a festival. A nail file, 2 hair elastics, a sewing kit, 2 plasters, a face wipe, paper soap and glamour tape are included within this kit. You might think of other things that you need as essentials and you may be able to slip them into this kit, rather than taking a lot of bulky packets.
4) Next, I found a solar shower for £4.99 at www.filthyfox.co.uk, which I thought might come in handy and solve another issue of people not wanting to use the washing facilities at a festival. All you have to do is fill it with water, leave in the sun for a couple of hours to heat and then you've got your own shower with warm water! You can even use your paper soap, shampoo and body wash as above with it. It is also little enough to fit amongst all your other festival/camping essentials and won't take up much room. The shower even has a hose attached and a handy hanging loop which you will see in the picture using the link above. I'd definitely feel more comfortable using something like this near the comfort of my tent, even if just to wash my hair!
5) I know that the toilets are a major issue at a festival. They aren't the cleanest for starters and also there seems to always be massive queues. So I found a disposable urinal on www.filthyfox.co.uk. So, if you're busting for the toilet you can use this in the comfort of your own tent. It can be used by both sexes and contains a special agent that turns urine into an odourless gel that doesn't spill or smell. The container is bio degradable so can be thrown into a bin with no worries and there are three supplied in each pack, so you might want to keep them for if you need the toilet in the middle of the night and don't feel like trekking to the public toilets. It is only £6.99, so not too bad a price if you wanted to try it out :-).
6) Lastly, there is one product that I would 100% recommend to take to a festival/camping and that is a can of Batiste dry shampoo. I absolutely love this product, I have tried other dry shampoo's in the past, some even more expensive than Batiste and I always come back to this one because it just works the best for me and I can't fault it. I wouldn't leave for a festival/camping trip without a can of this in my bag because if you think about it, most festivals are usually over a weekend and if you wash your hair the night before you go or the morning that you go then Batiste will keep your hair looking clean and fresh for the remainder of the weekend. It will be an absolute god-send. Especially if you aren't keen on the washing facilities at a festival/camping trip, you will feel comfortable and better in yourself knowing you have this to use :-). The latest Batiste scent is lace, which has base notes of white musk, cedarwood and sandalwood. Top notes of citrus, nutmeg and pink pepper and a dose of floral notes including rose, orchid, jasmine and ylang-ylang. You can get a 200ml can of Batiste lace (amongst other scents) for £2.99 at Boots or Superdrug :-). I always find it hard to describe Batiste scents so it becomes easier when I know the fragrance notes that are included. I really like this scent though, which brings me onto a competition that I am soooo excited to be holding on my blog and so thankful to Batiste for providing the prizes :-). Read on to find out how to enter...
Terms and Conditions:
- This competition is open to people with a UK mailing address only. Unfortunately, Batiste can't ship their products overseas but there will be plenty of other competitions in the future for worldwide viewers :-).
- If you are 16 or under please get the permission of your parents/guardians to enter this competition, as I will obviously have to pass your mailing details onto Batiste for them to send out your prizes. Please make sure your parents/guardians are happy with you doing this.
- This competition will be open for a month and will end on the 18th July 2012. On the 19th July 2012 I will be picking my winners randomly using www.random.org.
- There will be 3 prizes: 1st prize consists of 24 assorted cans of Batiste dry shampoo (a year's supply based on 2 a month). 2nd prize consists of 3x400ml cans of Batiste dry shampoo (Blush, Original, Tropical). 3rd prize consists of 3x50ml cans of Batiste dry shampoo (Blush, Original, Tropical). Each prize package will also have a mini keyring brush and a Batiste throwaway rain mac thrown in :-).
- Batiste will be sending the prizes out to the winners. After I have randomly chosen my winners, I will contact them for their mailing details using any contact info (usually email) they have provided by using the rafflecopter entry form below. I will then pass this information onto Batiste and they will send out your prizes :-). If any of the winners don't get back to me within a month, then I will have to choose other winners.
- Enter the competition using the rafflecopter entry form below. There are chances to have more than one entry, so have fun and good luck to you all!a Rafflecopter giveaway
Gem XxOo ThePrizeFinder - UK Competitions